We (the folks at Blisters and Bliss) run this website and would love for you to use it. Our site is designed to educate and entertain, and we encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you write, and please be respectful. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear in your writing or what you link.
The below Terms of Service was made available by the good folks at Automattic (creators of WordPress.com and many other great services) under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means that you’re more than welcome to re-purpose it for your own use. That’s exactly what we did.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of our services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use any of our services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by BlistersandBliss.co, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
The Website is not directed to children younger than 13, and access and use of the Website is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not use the Website. Any person who uses the Website represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
1. Responsibility of Contributors.
If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to BlistersandBliss.co, post links on BlistersandBliss.co, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using BlistersandBliss.co, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these terms or the guidelines below:
* the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
* if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
* you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
* the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
* the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
* the Content is not libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
* your Content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
* your Content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog or comment’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
* you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by BlistersandBliss.co or otherwise.
By submitting Content to BlistersandBliss.co for inclusion on the Website, you grant BlistersandBliss.co a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your content. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, BlistersandBliss.co has the right (though not the obligation) to, in BlistersandBliss.co’s sole discretion, (i) refuse or remove any content that, in BlistersandBliss.co’s reasonable opinion, violates any BlistersandBliss.co policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of BlistersandBliss.co to any individual or entity for any reason, in BlistersandBliss.co’s sole discretion.
2. Responsibility of Visitors.
BlistersandBliss.co has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, BlistersandBliss.co does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. BlistersandBliss.co disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which BlistersandBliss.co links, and that link to BlistersandBliss.co. BlistersandBliss.co does not have any control over those non-BlistersandBliss.co websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-BlistersandBliss.co website, BlistersandBliss.co does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. BlistersandBliss.co disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-BlistersandBliss.co websites and webpages./
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As BlistersandBliss.co asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by BlistersandBliss.co violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify BlistersandBliss.co in accordance with the standard Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. BlistersandBliss.co will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. BlistersandBliss.co will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of BlistersandBliss.co or others. In the case of such termination, BlistersandBliss.co will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to BlistersandBliss.co.
5. Corrections, Suggestions, and Complaints.
We welcome comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, on the Website that warrant correction. Comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, can be submitted through this form. Please click here to fill it out. BlistersandBliss.co, as well as its affiliated companies, welcome comments and suggestions on, as well as complaints about errors in, BlistersandBliss.co that warrant correction.
6. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from BlistersandBliss.co to you any BlistersandBliss.co or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with BlistersandBliss.co, the BlistersandBliss.co logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with BlistersandBliss.co or our Website, are trademarks or registered trademarks of BlistersandBliss.co or BlistersandBliss.co’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any BlistersandBliss.co or third-party trademarks.
BlistersandBliss.co. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. BlistersandBliss.co may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
BlistersandBliss.co may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Our Services are provided “as is.” BlistersandBliss.co and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither BlistersandBliss.co nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
10. Limitation of Liability.
In no event will BlistersandBliss.co, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to BlistersandBliss.co under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. BlistersandBliss.co shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. General Representation and Warranty.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BlistersandBliss.co, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between BlistersandBliss.co and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of BlistersandBliss.co, or by the posting by BlistersandBliss.co of a revised version.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; BlistersandBliss.co may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
14. Instagram HashtagBy using BlistersandBliss.co’s Instagram hashtag #blistersandbliss on your photos, and/or by tagging your photos with BlistersandBliss.co’s Instagram profile, @blistersndbliss, you acknowledge that it may be selected to be displayed in BlistersandBliss.co’s Instagram profile, and/or Facebook which may be seen worldwide. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features that come from their platform. BlistersandBliss.co will select photos at its absolute discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, BlistersandBliss.co is under no obligation to use all photos submitted. In particular, you promise that you have obtained the permission of all the people featured in the Photo (and, if they are under 18 their parents and guardians as well) to allow BlistersandBliss.co and other users of the Services to use the photos. If you don’t agree with these terms, please do not tag @blistersndbliss or use the hashtag, #blistersandbliss on your photos.
Information that we collect and how we use it
Certain visitors to BlistersandBliss.co’s websites choose to interact with BlistersandBliss.co in ways that require BlistersandBliss.co to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that BlistersandBliss.co gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example,you may subscribe to receive email updates from this website by submitting your email address. You also may submit comments to the blog on the Site or through the contact mechanism on the Site. We generally do not encourage the submission of any personal information in these comments or through the contact mechanism other than what we expressly require (e.g., name and email address). Information you disclose in the comments becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your information in a submission. In each case, BlistersandBliss.co collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with BlistersandBliss.co. BlistersandBliss.co does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Web servers may automatically capture the following information from visitors to the Site, including the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet address of the Site from which you enter the Site, the pages you visit on the Site and the amount of time you spend on the Site. This visitor information may be used to improve the Site.
Disclosure of information
We will not voluntarily share your name and email provided via the Site to any third party, except:
– With third parties that we hire to perform services for us (these third parties are not authorized to keep or use your personal information for any other purpose),
– To comply with legal requirements, such as law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency or personnel or
– In connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
Visitor information described above under “Information that we collect and how we use it” may be provided to third parties as described below under “Cookies“ and “Web Beacons.”
Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in Web pages or in emails. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a Web page and to understand usage patterns. Web beacons also may be included in emails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information in this manner by blocking cookies as described above under “Cookies.”
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss and misuse. Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure. Some email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.